Monday, May 19, 2008

Gone with the Wind

Okay... So it has been a while since my last post. We have had so many things go on in our lives over the past three weeks. So I will try to update you in chronological order. We sold our house in Tuscaloosa two weeks after Kate was born. There is nothing like someone knocking on you door while you are at home with your newborn! So we scheduled our closing on April 28th, four weeks after my daughter was born and one week after my son's second birthday. Talk about stress! I had to plan and give a birthday party for Harrison and pack up an entire house all while taking care of a newborn.

We moved into our "Gone With the Wind" house on April 25th with a lot of mixed emotions. The house needed a lot of sprucing up so Jeremy and a few other guys worked feverishly to get the main floor of our house painted. Believe me, it needed a huge facelift!!! It is coming along now. We have the bottom floor painted and are working on the upstairs one room at a time.




We were very excited to finally be in Birmingham after a year of driving back and forth. We were especially excited that we got moved before gas prices hit $4.00 a gallon.

It is always difficult to make a change, but this transition has been rather smooth now that I can look back. God's hand has been on us the entire time; even when I am crying hysterically and don't understand the wackiness of the timing. I am so glad that He knows best!

Right now, we are settling in to life in Bham. We are loving the convenience of the location of our new home and the relationships that we are finally getting to cultivate.

God is so good.

3 comments:

The Maxeys said...

Wow! That's really pretty on the outside!

Valerie said...

Your house is absolutely gorgeous! I wanted to let you know, I know both of your families are a bit away so if you need to get out of the house and have a date I will be happy to watch the kids for you. I think Harrison would have no qualms at all! (:

Valerie said...

Updates Updates!! It's been so long since I've seen pictures of the kids I'm starting to forget what they look like! Just kidding (;